Saturday, November 19, 2011


When we first talked about the possibility of moving overseas so many things went through my mind. I looked for information on-line on how to plan for this kind of move and had trouble finding anything, so that's when I decided to start a blog. I'm hoping this will help others going through the same thing.

Having lived in the same home for over 22 years, just moving is quite an undertaking! We have been going through our belongings and have found that there are many things we can do without. We have had a garage sale, sold things on-line, and have started giving things away so that we won't have to store all this "stuff" we have accumulated over the years.  We plan to be gone for two to three years so we want to store a minimal amount of things. I have found it surprisingly refreshing to get rid of some of the stuff, like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I have found that the only items I've had an emotional attachment to are all of my old pictures albums, cards and things made by my children when they were young, the hope chest given to me by my Grandmother, the hutch left to us by my husband's mother, and the dining room table we bought together and shared so many wonderful family meals at.

No comments:

Post a Comment