Thursday, December 8, 2011

Expat Center at the World Trade Center, Amsterdam

Today I went to the Expat Center at the WTC in Amsterdam to drop off some paperwork. Tram #5 to  Station Zuid brought me right there!



(pictures include: WTC; Expat Center; a canal close by on Beethoveenstraat; and bicycles (fietsen) parked in front of the WTC)

Never in my life did I ever think I'd relocate to another country!  Some days I feel like I'm living in a dream....is it really happening?!?!?

I was going to take some time today to walk around downtown, but it started to rain, so I headed back to the apartment.

Last night I ran a load of laundry through the washer/dryer. The washing cycle takes about 1.5 hrs and the dry cycle took about 1.5 hrs. Because it's all in one machine, I can't have two loads going at once, so it's going to take longer to do laundry. Something new to get used to.  Now that the laundry is done, I've decided that I will start ironing again because sending things out is too costly here-I haven't ironed in years!

Things I learned today:
1. Thanks to modern technology I can keep in touch with my children and still help them out in small ways.
2. Bring an umbrella whenever I go out-it rains a lot here!
3. "Sign language" works when trying to communicate with someone who doesn't speak the same language. At the store today another woman and I were able to understand each other perfectly using gestures and pointing!

No comments:

Post a Comment