Friday, December 16, 2011

Today I watched Dora the Explorer....in Dutch!

This morning I decided I'd better start trying to assimilate into the Dutch culture...A big part of that, of course, is learning the language! So I took a friend's advice and watched a kid's show. I watched "Dora the Explorer" and learned that ferris wheel is "reuzenrad" and large pinata is "grote pinata" in Dutch. Boy, do I have a lot to learn!



After watching t.v. for about an hour, and getting the ironing done (yes, I had the iron out again!) I went to the nearby shopping center to look for a winter coat. I didn't end up buying one yet, but I did get a few gifts and some baked goods-"appeltaart"-Yummmm!




It's confirmed-we got the house!  The contract was signed yesterday and we can move a few things in next week before we leave. We will be going to IKEA this weekend to order a bed and a dining table with chairs to have delivered Tuesday when we receive the keys!  We spoke with the landlord a few days ago and they have agreed to allow us to plant some things in the garden-we can make it look so pretty!  We did notice there is already a hydrangea bush there.....love it!









2 comments:

  1. Steph, I'm so enjoying reading about your adventures! The house and garden look beautiful, can't wait to see the progress of your garden and to keep reading your blog. I think I'm hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh one more thing, can you tell me what the time difference is from the US?

    ReplyDelete