Sunday, January 1, 2012

Leaving is bittersweet....

Last night I spent a couple of hours scanning my favorite recipes into the computer and printing copies so I can bring them to the Netherlands with me when I go again in February.  Andrew and I spent the past week preparing things around the house for his departure.  The house will be put on the market in a few weeks so we wanted to get all of the heavy work done before he left.  We took a couple of trips to the storage locker together and put away more of our belongings.  Amazing how comfortable you can be with less......hmmmmm.....

Andrew left this morning for the Netherlands. His leaving is bittersweet..... It's so difficult to say goodbye, even if it's only for a short time....In the meantime, I will be cleaning, decluttering, and polishing things in the house to prepare it for the market. We're hoping a nice family will find it to be just the right house for them!

As I look around I have so many memories from the past 22 years that I've lived in this house.  This chapter is difficult to finish and put to rest as I contemplate and embark on the next new chapter of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment