Monday, February 27, 2012

Back in California!

Saturday morning Andrew drove me to Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam to catch the plane back to California.

Before leaving town I took pictures of this tree...it's so pretty now, I can't imagine what it'll be like in full bloom!!!





 It was a sad morning in Amsterdam.......


It was somewhat hectic, as Andrew had to log in to do some work and the internet service wasn't working very well.....When I got over to the line to get through passport checks there were hundreds of people waiting, when we had gone by earlier there were only a few people there. As I was entering the plane I tapped the side 3 times, said "the early bird catches the worm" and got on!!! LOL!

From the airport I took mass transit to the station close to the house where a friend of mine picked me up. That was so sweet of her!  It was somewhat surreal pulling up in front of the house and seeing the For Sale sign.

The next day, Sunday, I went back to work. Since I start at 0530hrs., I have to get up around 0330hrs. Because I was jet lagged I woke up at 0130 and couldn't go back to sleep.

Sunday was a difficult day at work. I took 9-1-1 calls (we switch back and forth from taking calls and dispatching), and had to give CPR instructions twice before 0800hrs. Not a good start to the day.....I am ready to retire. It wears on a person listening to the worst moments in people's lives for so many years.....

Today after work I went over and filed my paperwork  for retirement. As I was driving over there I noticed my car was sounding strange and kind of sputtering. By the time I got there the check engine light came on and it was barely running. So, I went in and took care of the paperwork and was hoping that it would magically fix itself while I was gone!  Ah, no such luck!  I called my son-in-law, Allen, to see if he could help me out. He came right over with all his tools!  He is amazing!  He went and bought some kind of diagnostic tool and hooked it up. Said it looked like it was one of the spark plugs. So, he went and bought some new ones, replaced them, reset the check engine light and off I went!  Oh myyyy.....he's so smart and talented! So, now I'm in the house safe and sound, the pets have been fed and I'm heading to bed. Work again tomorrow!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment