Wednesday, February 22, 2012

That's What I'm Talkin' About!

Sitting here in the house in Haarlem listening to music and downloading more on ITunes...remembering my very first ITunes download:

"Polk Salad Annie"  Love it!!!  LOL!  Watch and you'll see why.....can't help but smile listening to it...even though the lyrics are sad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSsVvlj6YA


Last night I went to a Book Club meeting with the Haarlem AWCA (American Women's Club of Amsterdam). Because the meeting was on the other side of town, Andrew had to drive me there. I have yet to drive here....I've taken to walking, taking the bus and trains everywhere. Next time I come I will get a bicycle!

We read "Lord of Misrule" by Jaimy Gordon.
It's a book I normally wouldn't have read...made me step out of my comfort zone......We had an interesting discussion about the book for about an hour.

It was nice to meet other women from the same town I'm living in. They do a "Walk in the Woods" every week also, so I'm hoping to join them when I come back in April. I will need a bicycle though, because the location they start from is a few miles from home. Haven't ridden in years.....we'll see how it goes!  Have to get over that fear....

Today, off to run errands (walk downtown), get some laundry done and start reading the next book on my list:  "Good Graces" by Lesley Kagen.

Kevin called from Afghanistan!  He's been out on patrol quite a bit on foot and in the MRAP. He hasn't been able to shower for 2 weeks at a time. It sure was good to hear his voice!


For dinner tonight:

Mager Rundergehakt (rund vlees) with bolognese sauce over ai Formaggi e Spinaci and some Krulsla melange (gezonde keuze!)....lean ground beef with bolognese sauce over spinach tortellini and a healthy choice mixed salad!  Boy, do I have a lot to learn!




No comments:

Post a Comment