Thursday, March 8, 2012

Trip to Yountville

Today some of my fellow Blue Star Moms and I (Linda-today is her birthday!!!, Eileen, Barbara, Becky and I) took a trip to the Yountville Veteran's Home. We met at the storage lockers and loaded up Linda's truck with boxes and boxes of Girl Scout cookies and boxes and boxes of candy. The veterans really appreciate receiving what the Blue Star Moms bring.




After we left the Veteran's home, we went to lunch. We decided on "Hurley's" restaurant for lunch





I had the butternut squash ravioli!  I think Linda ordered the best lunch at the table...she had a grilled cheese sandwich made with smoke mozzerella cheese, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, etc!  



After lunch, we did a little shopping. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, so I had to take pictures with my funky phone...this is the best I could do!  This is a picture of an $11,500 painting!
 Not sure of the price on this one, but I imagine it was in the same range!  I was politely asked by someone at the store to not take pictures...ooops....!!!



We decided to celebrate Linda's birthday with a bottle of champagne from Domaine Chandon!







Barbara brought some sugar cubes and some bitters she put in each glass of champagne...very tasty!!








When we got back to the storage lockers we all worked on putting some boxes together for Kevin and his guys who are still in Afghanistan. I am so blessed to have such wonderful, beautiful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment