Monday, May 14, 2012

Fell asleep while having my teeth cleaned!

Well, I guess I am more tired than I thought.  Today I had a dental appointment for a teeth cleaning...while she was working on my teeth, I took a nap!!!  When I woke up my hygienist, Jane, was laughing and asked if I thought I was at the local spa!

Yesterday I worked my regular hours....it's getting hard to go to work knowing that I am a "short timer". I've worked with some of these people for 30 years, and many since I started with San Jose in 1990...it's going to be difficult to say good-bye.

This morning I woke up around 0630hrs along with Dillon. He wakes up, stands up in his crib and starts pointing at things around his room and "talking"!!! So adorable!

Around 0730 Allen took my car over to where he's been working on his car to get the carseat out of it. Then we both went over to Tullio's apartment and got his Jeep for Allen to drive. The Jeep barely started....it really needed to be driven. The doctor told Jackie the other day that Tullio will no longer be able to drive when he leaves the rehab facility. We haven't told him yet. He is so weak right now, I don't want to upset him....

Afterwards I went over to where Tullio is and brought him a couple of things from his apartment. He was doing physical therapy when I arrived...he's really having a difficult time. Just going from sitting to standing he gets out of breath and his oxygen level drops. His nurse told me he will be there at least another week since he's still on antibiotics. We've been told he will not be able to go back to Atria because he needs to be on a pureed food diet and they do not provide that there. Apparently his esophagus is not working properly and food is going into his lungs which is causing him to keep getting pneumonia. Sooooooo, now we have to find another place for him to live...again......And somehow move all of his belongings.....

I have a conference call scheduled for Thursday afternoon with his social worker to discuss what his needs will be when he leaves so we can start working on finding a place for him. We're not sure yet if he'll be sent "home" with oxygen. Last night I sent an email to the woman that helped us find him a place the last time...she is going to help us this time also as soon as we know what his needs will be.

When I left there I went over to the Credit Union for some cash, then headed up to Pleasanton. When I arrived I threw some clothes in the dryer (I had washed them at Jackie's this morning!), then started watering the lawn. It's getting pretty dry already...it's been in the 80's. When I compare the weather to Haarlem I sometimes wonder how I'm going to like living where it's always raining and chilly?!?!?!  I know I'm going to miss the sun!  Ahhhhh, it's going to be an adventure!!! Rain or shine, we willllll be traveling about!

At 1130hrs this morning Ingrid picked me up and we went out for lunch at Girasole. We both had a salmon salad, which was delicious!  She said I looked like I needed a glass of wine, so I ordered one....it hit the spot! There are still issues with the close of the house (it was supposed to close tomorrow, we still don't have a date or any confirmation in writing of loan approval!)...


After lunch I went back to the house to finish watering the lawn, then off to my dental appt. where I took my nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment