Thursday, June 14, 2012

AWCA Luncheon today, Paris tomorrow!

Trying to "put myself out there" to meet people and get involved.....today I went to the American Women's Club of Amsterdam Luncheon at de Veranda Restaurant in Amsterdam Zuid.


One of the Haarlem ladies was kind enough to show me how to use the bus system. I met her at her house, just a few blocks away, and we took the bus together to the luncheon!  There were 60 women at the Luncheon. When we first arrived, a drink called "Hugo" was being served....very yummy!  It's made with elderberry syrup, prosecco, club soda, a little lime juice and some mint leaves. De Veranda  was a very nice venue with good food (I had fish!), and dessert was delicious!  During dessert the raffle took place and I won a painting, done by a local artist!  I think it looks very cheerful! You can't tell on the picture, but there are pieces of material sewn into the painting.....it's very different.


It was nice to meet some of the other women that live in the same area as me. Another Haarlem woman, Beverly, came back on the bus with us. We got back to town around 1500hrs.

Tomorrow, we are heading to Paris (Parijs in Dutch). We're going to meet Dan there--should be fun!  We plan on leaving early in the morning...it takes about 5 hours to drive there. We could take the train in 3 hrs, but it's much more expensive. We plan on going to Versailles while we're there too!

Sooooo, it's time to pack and get everything ready. I just finished cleaning the house and I need to write a note for the neighbors who will be taking care of the pets while we're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment