Monday, June 18, 2012

Remember BOB?

Well, I found out what all the billboards on the freeway are all about!


Remember BOB?!?!?



 It means "Bewust Onbeschonken Bestuurder: Consciencely Not-drinking Driver"......
Apparently there is another meaning too, but I'll have to find that out later!!!


I am finding that the Google Translate program is pretty good, but you just can't literally translate a lot of things.


Over the last few days I've noticed that my brain injury problems have gotten worse. I think it's because I was getting less than 8 hours of sleep a night. When I look at the computer for more than a couple of minutes I get the sensation of falling. So I have to walk away from it, or at least close my eyes while I type.  When Andrew and I were at the Arc de Triomphe and I was walking down the stairs I had to keep stopping and let people pass me...I was sooooo dizzy, I had to hold the railing with both hands to get down. When I go through pictures on the IPAD it still makes me sooooo dizzy. I just can't use that to look at a lot of pictures. For some reason it's better with IPhoto on my laptop...that doesn't seem to bother me....Sometimes I wonder if my brain will ever heal.....it's been almost 2 years now since my accident.....I'm sooooo terrified to ride my bike. I bought it, and I know it's the only way to get around sometimes, so I will just have to get past my fear. If I get dizzy I can always stop!  


Monday morning it was pouring down rain. Andrew had decided to work from home that day. We were sitting in the dining room area and heard water...not good! We found a leak in the ceiling next to the door!  So, I put a bucket under it and made sure I kept sopping up the water to lessen the damage and called the landlord. Hans came over that afternoon and discovered one of the tiles on the roof had fallen causing the leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment