Friday, July 27, 2012

Meeting other Americans in the strangest places!

Today I went to the market(s)!  I have to go to three different shops to get all the things I need, and because I'm walking I have to make a couple of trips out. While I was in Mabrouk (one of my favorite places to shop) in the Bodemarkt I heard a woman asking for shallots (in what sounded like American English). She and I started talking. She told me she moved here over a year ago when she started her business here. She loves living here...but her husband is having trouble adjusting since he isn't able to work here (it's difficult to get a work permit). She belongs to a group called "My Haarlem" and suggested that Andrew and I join the group. She says a lot of people from all over the world who have relocated in Haarlem meet downtown and do things together.  Sooooo, I'm going to look into it!

A couple of days ago our neighbors gave me a book to read and then invited me out for a beer at a nearby restaurant. It was nice to sit outside in the sun and relax with nice people!

As I was walking through town I saw!




No comments:

Post a Comment