Friday, October 19, 2012

My Family Tree

Several years ago I wanted to start working on my family tree. At the time, I was working, raising children and just too busy to take on the task. Now that I have some time on my hands, I've decided to start working on it.

A few months into it, I have 357 names on my tree!  Amazing!  I have found myself dreaming of these people from my past.  I have always found it sad that when a person dies, most ascendants know nothing about their descendants, except maybe dates of birth and death. My goal is to bring stories into my tree and bring my descendants to life with their stories. Where did they live? What did they do for a living? Did they marry? Have children?, etc. 

Wish me luck! It's quite an undertaking!


__________________

As I was going through some other blogs on the internet, I found one called "Laura Speaks Dutch", where there are podcasts posted with Dutch lessons. So, I have decided to start (again) to at least try to learn the language. My therapist in CA told me to forget trying to learn anything new.....buttttttt, she also said that I should induce the dizziness (which learning new things causes to happen) to help retrain my brain. She said my brain is just working so hard to just stay balanced, there's no room yet for new information. I guess I'm stubborn, I'm going to try again anyway....I'll do what I can and see how it goes!

On the Laura Speaks Dutch website I learned that The Netherlands has two capitals. Amsterdam is the Capital, and Den Hague (or The Hague) is the seat of the government. 

No comments:

Post a Comment