Monday, December 10, 2012

Anton Pieck and preparing for Christmas!

Saturday afternoon a friend of ours called and reminded us there was a festival for the artist Anton Pieck in Haarlem.  So, I ran out with my camera and took a few pictures! There were reenactors there from the time of Anton Pieck.


Making rope:







 Look what we found--Gluhwein!!!
 Selling postcards with Anton Pieck's art:

History of Anton Pieck...from Wikipedia:

Anton Franciscus Pieck (Den Helder, Netherlands, 19 April 1895 – Overveen, Netherlands, 24 November 1987), a Dutch painter, artist and graphic artist. His works are noted for their nostalgic or fairy tale-like character and are widely popular, appearing regularly on cards and calendars.

Some of his art....isn't it beautiful?!?!


________________________________________
Saturday evening there was a Christmas party hosted by the American Women's Club. We went and had a great time!  Everyone was asked to bring an hor d'ourve (we brought deviled eggs, which I transported on a bed of lettuce!). I had gone to Albert Heijn and asked someone if they sold toothpicks and he told me that people kept stealing them so they only carry long wooden skewers-which worked for keeping the foil off the eggs for transporting!

There was an auction at the party....and I ended up "winning" a highlight and haircut from a local salon, and some huuuuge poppers that I thought would be fun to pop open this weekend at our neighborhood party!  


Everyone is trying to figure out what is in the auction items!

 Food galore!
 Sooooo, it's Reims, France we need to visit?!?! Let's "google it"!!
 Our hostess with the mostest....cleaning.....


 And here we go with the auction...raising money for the shelter in Haarlem:






There was dancing later in the evening...which was a lot of fun!  Andrew and I love to twirl around the dance floor. I hadn't danced like that since my brain injury.....and nowwwww I am paying for it!  It's two days later and my head is still spinning, spinning, spinning!  Guess I won't be doing that again for a while....or ever!
______________________________________________________________
We decided to go to Praxas and Gamma on Sunday because we were having trouble finding a tree stand. We saw they had trees for sale there also, sooooo we bought one!  
 Decorations compliments of IKEA and Blokker! LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment