Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cleaning and more cleaning!

Yesterday, after work, I went over to my father-in-law's apartment complex to do some cleaning. I scrubbed everything and cleaned out the refrigerator. He should be going home in about a week and a half, so I wanted to make sure it was spic and span!  I'll make a trip to the grocery store for him right after his surgery to make sure everything is fresh.

Later, Jackie, Allen, their son Dillon and I had dinner together. They are talking about moving out of state. It's just too expensive to live in California. The taxes are too high, medical insurance is too high, the cost of housing is too high.......

This morning I was up at 6:00 a.m. Since I usually get up at 3:30 a.m. I felt pretty rested after sleeping in!  I went over to Kaiser to have blood drawn (just a routine check).  Now I am home readying myself to clean, clean, clean!

The pile of things we're shipping overseas is being picked up tomorrow, so I have to move everything to the garage for easier access.  Then I am going to scrub the back patio and vacuum the house. The carpet cleaners are also coming tomorrow. Today I also need to make a trip over to the sewing store to get more thread and a couple more things that I'd like to have before I ship my sewing materials tomorrow! While I was there I stopped in to the Thai Restaurant down the street and had chicken curry (which was "okay" and a very yummy dessert which was a crepe filled with Nutella, bananas and strawberries-with a scoop of vanilla ice cream). Oh yeah--it was gooooooood!


No comments:

Post a Comment