Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lots to do.......

Yesterday I received an e-mail from our realtor here in California. She told me that she will need two weeks to video tape the house for a virtual tour to get everything put on-line. So, last night I was racing around packing some things, putting more things in the garage and generally decluttering.  Everything that is being sent overseas is in a pile, I just need to find out if we can have it sent to an address or if it will have to be picked up at the port in Amsterdam.  It hasn't rained much here, so I've been having to water the lawn.

Andrew and I were able to talk during my lunch break. He will be spending the night at the house tonight. He had just returned from the grocery store and was putting the bed together and setting up the internet when I called.  Lots of things for both of us to do!

It's been difficult going back to work after my vacation.  Sometimes this job is too sad.......we get people calling in at some of the worst moments in their lives.......I'm finding that the older I get the more difficult it is to let those calls go and not pull at my heart strings.....After dispatching emergency services for over 33 years, I am soooo ready to retire. I stopped by the retirement office today to ask some questions, but they were all in a meeting. So, tomorrow I will send out an e-mail!

My son Christopher had shoulder surgery today. He and his wife and daughter live in Georgia. It's so difficult to be so far away, I wish I could've been there beside him.  His wife, Denise, is a sweetheart. She texted me after the surgery and then called me as they were driving home. When she called I was in my car in a parking lot close to home.  He was pretty "out of it".  After I got off the phone I started to cry uncontrollably, it's so hard being so far away....The doctor said his shoulder was a mess, but the surgery went well. He'll have to have his arm in a sling for a month to heal. Denise took a test for a promotion today, but won't know for at least a couple of weeks if she got it or not.

My father-in-law (from my first marriage) is in a facility in Emeryville right now. He's dealing with some depressions issues. He's scheduled to have his gallbladder removed in the next week or two. They're trying to have him build up his strength a bit before they do the surgery.

Amanda called me earlier just to say "hi"!  She's doing well in her job. She commutes against traffic, so it's not too bad!  James left for his new job in Portland, OR a couple of days ago. Amanda said her Mom spoke with him earlier and he made it up there okay-that's all we know right now!

Jackie and Allen are doing well-working, working, working and taking care of their pets and their son!  Kevin is in Afghanistan which has been very difficult for me. I'm just trying to stay busy so I don't dwell on it.  Jon is doing well in Texas. He just got a new job and is working through recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment