Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brugge, Belgium for the weekend!

Friday Andrew took the day off from work so we could take a short trip to Brugge, Belgium.  Friday morning Natasha met me at the house and went with me to the Town Hall in Haarlem so I could register as a resident.  Now I'm officially a resident of Haarlem!

At around noon Andrew and I packed up the car and headed towards Brugge.  On the way we stopped in Rotterdam, Netherlands to buy some coffee for our Nespresso maker.

We arrived in Brugge around 4:00 in the afternoon.  We stayed at the Rosenberg Hotel, which was within walking distance of the town square. From our room we had a view of the canal!




We checked in to our room, then went for a walk downtown to have dinner.







We had dinner at the Cafe Francais where I had the specialty-Moules (Mussels!)

Afterwards we just walked around town for a bit and headed back to the hotel.

The next morning we got on a City Tour. It was a small van that took us around the whole town. We saw so many pretty areas:











After the tour we walked around town. We went through a park, then into several cute little shops!











Later, we went to a restaurant for an evening snack after seeing the movie "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".  We had some bitterballen and a Belgian beer....quite yummy!


We walked around a bit more:






The next morning we took one more stroll through the town before heading out.....

On the way home we stopped at McDonald's. I didn't even think about it, but I went in wearing a mink coat-and not one person gave me a second look! The coat had belonged to Andrew's Mom......



Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment