Thursday, February 9, 2012

Trek over to Amsterdam


This morning I set out to meet the women from the AWCA (American Women's Club of Amsterdam) in Amsterdam!  I left the house at 0830hrs. First off, I got on the bus:



Where it stopped at Haarlem Centrale:

Then I bought a train ticket to Amsterdam, total: 7,60 Euro round trip.  There was an announcement and I gathered from the disappointed looks and everyone leaving the platform that the train wasn't going to show up!  So, I followed everyone to another platform and Lo and Behold-another train to Amsterdam!

After arriving in Amsterdam Centrale I got on the #16 Tram to the Stadhouderskade stop. At almost exactly 1015 hrs I arrived at the restaurant:  De Taarte Van M'n Tante at Ferdinand Bolstraat 10, Amsterdam.

 There were about 10 women there who are from all over the U.S. I was the newest person, and another woman had only been here a couple of weeks.  Everyone was very nice and had lots of good advice for getting around.  Here are a couple of pictures from the restaurant:




We finished having our cake and coffee and went around the corner to a cute little organic shop where I bought some quinoa and dates.  Afterwards I got back on Tram #16 to head back home. While I was riding along, I saw a bunch of people skating on the canal. Soooo, I stopped to take pictures!







When I reached Haarlem Centrale Station, I decided to just walk home the rest of the way. It's about a mile from there to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment