Saturday, March 24, 2012

I can't eat another bite!

Well, it's been a few days since I've posted....I've had the last few days off from work and also have tomorrow off.  Tomorrow Ingrid will be holding an Open House from 1300-1600hrs.

Wednesday on my way home I picked up a few more boxes. I bought large "mirror boxes" for all the paintings on the walls and some small boxes for all our books. Thursday I stayed home all day and finished packing the kitchen. Most of the dishes have been placed in nice "china keepers" and put in plastic bins to keep them safe and clean.

Yesterday I spent the morning packing more things from cabinets.  My friend Julia and her cousin drove down from Rocklin and we walked around downtown and had lunch at Alberto's!  It was so good to see Julia...hard to believe we've been friends so long (over 25 years!). Andrew and I had our first date at that restaurant in September of 1998!




Around 1700hrs. Allen, Jackie and Dillon came over. We were able to Skype with Christopher and Arianna while they were here, which was a lot of fun! Denise is in Texas for Recruiter training.  Later, we went out to eat at Casa Orozco in Livermore.  It was nice to spend time with them!  Dillon is "talking" up a storm now...soooo cute!


Last night I woke up (again) in the middle of the night. I was awake for a couple of hours....so I just read my book....When I got up this morning I did a little more packing. I had a painter, Curtis, come in today to paint the family room. He was recommended by Nan who said he's very reliable and trustworthy. He and I had decided on a color that matches the living room and entry so the colors "flow".....While he was painting Tracy came over and we went out for lunch at "Oasis" downtown! Yummm!  I had my all time favorite "Aushak".  It was nice to spend some one on one time with Tracy.....that's a rarity!  When I returned Curtis had pretty much finished painting. It looks great!  He did a great job! He showed up on time, did good work, and cleaned up nicely!




In January I had gone to the Robert Burns Supper with Pat and Mercedes here in town. While there we had our picture taken together. After dinner Pat made me promise to take care of having copies made...soooo, I did that and they've been sitting in my car for weeks. So I called her in the early evening and she said she'd be home, so I said I'd bring the pictures by her house. We ended up going out to dinner at the De La Torre's Restaurant. I had the Smoked Salmon  raviolis, which was delicious! For dessert we both had chocolate gelato, which was to die for!  I ate more in the last two days than I usually eat in a week!  Yiiiiiikes!



Since tomorrow is the Open House I will be packing some more in the morning and making sure the dog is out. I told Allen I would clean out my freezer and bring to their house whatever they'd like. I need to empty the freezer and don't want to throw anything away.

No comments:

Post a Comment