Sunday, March 11, 2012

My piano has a new home!

Taken in front of the house!  God's artistry takes my breath away sometimes!



Yesterday, my brother-in-law, Dan had a piano mover come and pick up my piano and had it brought to their house.  It was a bittersweet moment watching it go, but knowing it is going to a home where it will be enjoyed for years to come.



My in-laws invited me over to watch my niece play basketball and then have dinner with them last night!  What a pretty drive to the other side of the Bay!



On my way over I was thinking about the value of this property! Wonder if anyone's ever considered rebuilding the prison elsewhere and selling this property?!?!?  I would think the State would make a killing on this real estate!!!


My niece and her team played a great, fair game of basketball!  She scored 2 baskets (the only 2 they scored!!!). The other team did a few unethical moves (elbowing, pulling on shirts, etc....)

My piano's new home!


We had a delicious meal of lovingly prepared lasagna! After dinner, my youngest niece set up a store. She provided "money" for myself and her Mom, Michelle. We were able to purchase several items at the "store" including a jump rope, a book, etc!


Afterwards both nieces put on a concert for me with their fiddles!!!  The youngest has just started playing....They both played very well!!!


This morning Daylight savings time began. For the first time ever, I forgot to set my clocks ahead! Soooo, I was about 30 mins. late getting to work....oooooops!  When I got to work I noticed there was an abundance of staffing (which nevvvver happens!), so I decided to use my vacation time and leave for part of the day. I was able to plant the flowers I've had sitting there for a week and get the rest of my laundry done.  At around 1000hrs, I took Sammy out of the house so that some realtors who had called the night before could come in and look at the house and yard without the dog barking.  Sammy and I went to the park, where we both took a nap in the car! We went for a short walk around the park after that.......It is such a beautiful park and so well maintained......Every time I walk through the memories come flooding in of the kids playing soccer, baseball and football there!  The sounds and smells come back to me and makes it feel like just yesterday even though many years have passed....




At noon I brought Sammy back home and left for work where worked the rest of my shift and then some overtime on swingshift.

No comments:

Post a Comment