Thursday, April 19, 2012

Buitenveldert....my old stomping grounds!

Today, I went to the Buitenveldert area of Amsterdam. To get there, I walked to the Haarlem train station (about a 15 minute walk) where I took the Sprinter train to Amsterdam, then took Tram #5 over to the Van Boshuizenstraat stop. All in all, it took about an hour and half to get to the mall.







On my way over to the mall I saw these beautiful flowering trees!




I went shopping at the Groot Gelderlandplein.  There I went to the bakery and got some yummy bread and rolls, bought some garlic infused olive oil, and a few other things. It was nice to be in an indoor mall!

On the way back I took the Sprinter back to Haarlem.


On my way home, walking through town, I stopped at the Blokker store and bought more hangers. So, now I've finished hanging up all of our clothes!

Andrew got home around 1800hrs. The weather had cleared up nicely, so we were able to take Sammy for a walk in the woods!

Still waiting for this tree to leaf out!!! 















On the way home we saw some buildings with some beauuuuutiful doorways!  Can you imagine walking in through a doorway like this every day?!?!?




No comments:

Post a Comment