Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring has sprung in Pleasanton!

Working, working, working!

After work yesterday I stopped at the Post Office for stamps and I returned some extra FexEx boxes I had in the house. Stopped at the Dry Cleaners and dropped off many many hangers to recycle, got gas and went through the car wash at the Shell station.  While I was in the car wash I had to close my eyes, I couldn't stand all the motion. It usually doesn't bother me so much, but I guess because I haven't been sleeping enough my brain was just overloaded with input with all that motion!

I went over to Panda Express to get something for dinner, then headed to the house.  When I got to the house, I called my Auntie Linda....it's always soooo nice talking with her!  While I was talking with her I got a small paintbrush out and painted over the spackle marks on the walls of the living room, and painted the handrail outside at the front entry.

After I hung up with Linda I went out in the yard and took pictures...everything is blooming!  I love spring in our yard!

























After I took pictures I sat down to eat, only eating 1/2 I put the rest in my fridge. For anyone who's seen my fridge the way I normally have it, they know this is not normal!!!! It's usually so packed you can't see the shelves!



I finally finished addressing and putting stamps on letters to go out to family and friends letting everyone know what is going on with us. I hadn't sent out our usual Christmas letter, so thought I'd send out a letter in the spring with our new address in the Netherlands.

Went to bed last night at 1930hrs. and slept till my alarm went off at 0320hrs this morning! Yippppeeeee, finally slept all night!

It's very strange, even kind of eery, waking up alone and not having anyone to take care of!  When I get up I've always had the dog or the cat to feed and take out......now it's so quiet!  I miss coming home and seeing Sammy poking his head out of the fence....


__________________________________

I have noticed that it is rare that a day goes by at work when everything works!  There are always issues with our CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system, the phones, the radios, or something.......sometimes it makes it difficult to do our job.

Today one of the PD dispatchers came in and told us that if you enter the location Sigrid/Pistachio into the CAD to GEO check it, the computer changes the location to McKean/Uvas. Doesn't even make sense.......Every day there is something. Gets very frustrating sometimes having equipment that doesn't work properly!

Today I called Comcast to have my internet service (DSL) turned off.....they answered the phone promptly and I was done with the call within about 5 minutes!  Thank you Comcast for the great phone service!


No comments:

Post a Comment