Friday, April 27, 2012

Will you leave a hole when you're gone?!?!

Put your hand in a bucket of water....when you pull it out do you leave a hole?!?!



After Andrew made reference to that analogy the other night I have given it a lot of thought. Maybe I won't leave a hole...but I hope I leave a ripple, or maybe even a wave!  I think about all the people in my life and how many lives I've touched, if even for a moment, and I hope that I've had some effect....for the better......

Yesterday I called out sick from work....I have been waking up with horrible headaches lately...I think it's allergies. I keep forgetting to take something before I go to bed.

I was able to make my afternoon appointment at Charles Schwab to open a bank account. They have made it pretty easy to transfer money internationally so I will have money there that I can transfer back and forth.

Today I woke up at 0530hrs...had gone to bed at 2200hrs last night. I just couldn't sleep any later!  So, I got up and decided to color my hair, did some laundry, vacuumed the house and packed up the car to take all the hazardous materials (old paint, garden chemicals, etc) to the Hazmat waste disposal station in Livermore. They are only open one weekend a month, so I had to do it today or tomorrow.

At  around 0800hrs Andrew and I Skyped for a bit, then when I hung up with him I headed over to Livermore. When I got back home, I loaded up the car again with some things I wanted to bring to the storage locker in Tracy. On my way out there I stopped at the Harley dealership in Livermore and bought a few baby things for one of Andrew's coworkers in Amsterdam.

When I got back from Tracy, I stopped at Starbucks for an iced drink and went home and heated up some leftover chili verde for lunch. Yummm! Then I did some more cleaning....wiped down all the shelves in the closets and cabinets and cleaned all the bathrooms.

Ingrid came over this afternoon to have me sign a form. The buyer's realtor has not been keeping up with the paperwork for the house. They were supposed to remove contingencies about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and he hasn't filed anything. Ingrid has been trying to get ahold of him, he either doesn't answer his calls, or answers and puts her on hold and never comes back to the phone!  I wrote directly to the buyer today...so hopefully she can help get the ball rolling......I would hate to have to start all over.......

The Danville Veteran's Hall had their grand opening tonight after a major remodel, so I met some friends over there. What a beautiful building!

www.srvveteranshall.org

Afterwards we all went out for yogurt!

Tomorrow morning Amanda and I are going to meet for breakfast. Then later in the day I'll drive down to San Jose and Jackie, Dillon and I will spend the day together!  Dillon is growing up so fast!!! He's learning so many words now....soooooo cuuuuute!

A few days ago my boss, Brian, approached me in the Control Room. It always makes me nervous when "they" pull up a chair.......hmmmmm...what's going on, I thought.......

He had a very nice letter he had written about my "CPR save"...and he presented me with a
"CPR SAVE" pin!!! 


This was in reference to the 9-1-1 call I had taken back in February (26th) , my 1st day back from vacation. I talked the woman caller through CPR instructions and the patient had a pulse when E7 arrived (while she was doing compressions). They shocked him twice with the defibrillator and got him to the hospital. He walked out of the hospital with no deficits!

It was very nice to have been recognized by the Fire Department......what a good feeling knowing that a life was saved.......

I think maybe there was a little "wave" that day....!!! Hope so.....


This is how our pins are worn on the uniform...we can only wear two at a time. I have a choice of three: my Blue Star Mom pin, my baby pin (I gave instructions to a caller over the phone and delivered a baby boy!), and now my CPR Save pin!





There have been other "saves" from our dispatch center also!  Recently Monica had one, and Sally has had two!  We have good training and I think we are all conscientious about the job we do and try to do the best job we can and provide a good service for the citizens of San Jose.




No comments:

Post a Comment