Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cleaning day at work!

When I walked in to work today, Kyle (who works midnight shift) asked me how many days I have left to work....I told him I'm not counting yet. Soooooo, he told me that midnight shift is counting for me!  I have 26 days left to work!!!

Today is cleaning day at work, so we "dressed down" (wore civilian clothes).  Because we haven't had janitorial service in years, once a month we do a deep cleaning in the Control Room. We rotate shifts every month-this month being dayshifts' turn!  We dust, wipe down everything, and vacuum.








Yesterday I did more cleaning around the house-wiped down the inside of all the cabinets and separated more items to bring to work and give away (mostly just some cleaning supplies).  Amanda and I went to breakfast around 1000hrs downtown Pleasanton. It was so nice to spend time with her!  She was in Pleasanton taking care of her Mom's cat while they're away for the weekend.

Afterwards, I went back to the house and did some more cleaning......

In the afternoon I headed down to San Jose. Andrew thought he had lost his pen, so I went to Valley Fair Shopping Center to look at new ones (they're less expensive in the States). While driving there, I noticed the flowers on the side of the freeway offramp. I  remembered how, when I first moved to CA from Minnesota in 1976, I thought the freeways were so beautiful with all the flowers......I had moved here in January-it was a frozen tundra in MN at the time!!! LOL!



After I left Valley Fair, I went over the Jackie and Allen's. The plan was...we were going to go to Happy Hollow Park. When we got there it was 50 minutes from closing time, so we left.......It looks like a lot of fun...we will have to go back!





We decided to go out for dinner, so we went to Hobee's in the Pruneyard (Campbell)......unfortunately, the food was terrible. Jackie was eating her sandwich and felt something crunchy, like sand....and my fish taco was bland.......too bad....


After work today I did a little shopping.....went to Barnes and Noble and bought some books for the grandkids and went to Ulta for a few things I wanted to get to bring to Europe.  Bought a Chai tea at Starbucks and went home. I'm not hungry because today at work we had a pot luck...chicken and beef taco salad, which was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment