Monday, April 30, 2012

Flexibility is the name of the game!

To quote my Supervisor, Doreen, "Flexibility is the name of the game"!

Every morning I take Sunol Blvd. to get on the freeway to head to work. This morning, Sunol Blvd. was totally blocked off by Pleasanton PD, and I was forced to get on the freeway going Northbound. So, I got off the freeway at Bernal. As I started making my way over to 580 through town I called work to see if they could find out what was going on on the freeway. Apparently there was an overturned semi with a HAZMAT spill on the freeway and both directions of the freeway were closed near Sunol Blvd. The accident occurred at 2200hrs last night!  So, I took WB 580 to SB 880 and was 10 minutes late to work.

This morning in briefing, Doreen and Chief Diaz were there for training about the new "Squads". Oh my,  the Squad response is a little convoluted...and CAD isn't going to make the correct recommendations a lot of the time........therefore, flexibility is the name of the game!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment