Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The sound of a "racking" shotgun!

That is a sound most people are familiar with!  It can be scary (if you're on the wrong side of the law!), it can make you feel safe, or it can be fun (when you're out trap shooting)!  Ahhhhhh sweet sounds!  This morning, on my way over to PAB, I heard a police officer racking his shotgun and thought "I love that sound"!!!

Makes me think of other sounds I love.......Baseball: the ball being hit by the bat, and the ball hitting the glove; hockey: the sounds of the crowd cheering and the puck being hit; trap shooting: the sounds of the gun blast and clay pigeons getting blown to bits; ocean waves coming in to shore; babbling brooks; the wind blowing through trees; birds singing; crickets at night; the sounds of walking on dry leaves or fresh snow; the crunching of tires in the snow; the sound of "quiet" in the snow; skates on ice; people laughing; babies babbling and talking; music....Sometimes I need to remind myself, there are soooo many things to be joyous of!

Last night I went to Ingrid's office after work.  The buyer's asked for an extension to the release of contingencies for their loan till the 15th!  That's the date we are supposed to close........I signed a form giving them one more week.  The house is being tented this week anyway, so I can't do anything to it......If we have to put it back on the market I will be so upset.......

Written by Battalion Chief Steve Alvarado, San Jose Fire Department:


Thank you to the firefighters who gave their all in trying to rescue a mother and her 6 year ofd child. The courage of the men and women of SJFD, the professionalism of our Dispatchers, and the dedication of our Police Officers was demonstrated early this morning.


http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_20520786/one-person-died-others-injured-san-jose-fire


_________________________

After work I had an appointment with the podiatrist because I still have plantar fasciitis in my left foot...it's been going on since around October.   He told me he should be putting my foot in a cast .....yesssss a real cast!  I had to say no to that since I'm leaving the country in a few weeks. He did take a mold of my feet for orthotics to put in my shoes. The cost was $250 and they will get here in 3 weeks-right before I leave! Dr. Tom did say he could give me a removable boot to wear to let my foot rest, but I didn't take him up on it.

After my appointment I sat in my car in the parking lot and just cried. The stress is starting to get to me.......

The other day I took my car through the Shell carwash where the car remains parked and the washer thing-a-ma-jig moves.  It made me feel like I was on the Teacup ride at Disneyland...I got so dizzy from it I had to close my eyes. The brain injury symptoms continue........seems when I am tired and under a lot of stress it gets much worse. Wonder if it'll ever go away......!??!?!

When I left Kaiser I went over to the mall for a few little things. and my foot hurt so bad by the time I left I could barely walk on it. So, tomorrow, I will be asking for the removable boot!

The rash on my face continues to get worse. I started taking the oral antibiotics yesterday. The dermatologist told me it will take 4-8 weeks for them to start working!  The gel he had prescribed made it worse (again).........

__________________________

Paperwork for the house was filed, giving the buyers till Monday, May 7th to release all contingencies. We shall see what happens.

The house will be tented for termites on Thursday through Saturday. PGE can't make it out to turn the gas back on till Monday, May 7th.

Luckily, I will be petsitting from Friday through Tuesday.....so that worked out well.  Thursday night I'll be spending the night with Jackie, Allen and Dillon!



No comments:

Post a Comment