Monday, April 9, 2012

Off to Keukenhof!

Today, even though it's raining, we decided to go to the Keukenhof Gardens!  It's only open from mid March through the middle of May...so, for me, it was either go today or next weekend. I had been there a few years ago when we were visiting Amsterdam (I took a tour bus there). It is the largest bulb flower garden in the world, with over 4.5 million tulips of over 100 varieties! More than 7 million bulbs on the property were planted by hand.

Here are just a few of the pictures I took there!















Fields of flowers as far as you can see!







Little boy enjoying the car on display!



Fresh roses with the tips of the petals dipped in glitter

















The white on the ground are petals from the trees!








Dress made from discs of wood:

This dress is made from egg shells...each shell painted black on the outside:




When we got home we found a note from our neighbor saying that Sammy had been barking the entire time we were gone. We had left him in the back yard with the door to the shed open so he could go in out of the rain.  Soooooooo, we will have to figure out something else for him...possibly keep him in the kitchen when we leave.

A few neighbors came by later in the day to tell us about Sammy barking. Guess he disturbed quite a few people. It'll be fine while I'm here, but it'll be difficult with him when Andrew goes to work after I leave in less than two weeks.

It was the strangest sensation I had when the neighbors came by. I had been taking a nap (still jet lagged....grrrrr!). While he was talking with them, for several minutes, I felt like a guest in the house, rather than someone who lives here. What a strange feeling......I supposed it's because I've spent the past month in California. Andrew has gotten a routine going, and I haven't been part of it.

Socrates is still having a bit of a hard time....mostly because he can't have the run of the house, and we don't have the room where his litter box and food are blocked off from the dog. We will have to get a baby gate this next weekend.

One more month and Kevin will be back from Afghanistan!

No comments:

Post a Comment