Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sun was out for a couple of hours today!

For the past few months my life has been go, go go.......so today I've decided to just rest today. The only chore I've done is laundry, and I think I'm finally caught up with that.....there are two loads drying on the rack now! For breakfast I have been eating fat free yogurt with Muesli cereal and fresh blueberries from the land of giants....these are the biggest blueberries I've ever seen!!!




Yesterday our neighbor, Magrite, came over in the morning and together we took our dogs for a walk in the woods!  It's so nice to have the woods so close to the house....She convinced me to let Sammy off leash (which we never did in California). She said most dogs behave better off leash. He was soooooo good!  He played with her dog (a little jack russell terrier) and all the other dogs in the park. Sammy had such a great time!!!  It was a nice relaxing walk.....

We have met several of our neighbors, all of whom seem very friendly. Another neighbor, Marika, brought flowers over a couple of days ago to welcome us to the neighborhood.



Yesterday afternoon I was out in the front of the house planting some of the flowers in pots and I met a couple more neighbors.



Of course, everyone has brought up the fact that Sammy was out barking the other day.  They were all very concerned......and it probably annoyed the heck out of everyone!  Apparently people here never ever leave their dogs outside. When they leave for the day, they leave the dog inside the house. It will be difficult for Andrew after I leave since he's gone for a better part of the day. Magrite said she could come over on Monday and Tuesday to take Sammy for a walk in the middle of the day...and she volunteered another neighbor to come and take him on Wednesdays till I get back at the end of May.

When Andrew and I left California each of us brought over two pieces of luggage.  There isn't much closet space here, so we are going to have to buy some shelves for one of the closets and just keep some of our clothes folded.  I have one more trip and a pile all ready to go in CA to come back. There are a lot of spices that I've brought over, and more to come next time. I've also brought things like razor blades, shampoo, etc. Some things are very expensive here.  In the last 4-5 months I've lost about 10 pounds, probably because I've been so busy in CA with packing for moving, etc. and I've been doing a lot of walking here.

I've had plantar fasciitis in my left foot since around November....which makes walking difficult, especially when I'm carrying packages. My doctor at Kaiser says if it's not getting better by mid April  he's going to put me in a cast. This weekend I'll be going out to get a bicycle. Hopefully that'll give my foot enough of a rest that it can heal...

Our realtor, Ingrid, says the home inspections have been done at the house in CA.  We'll know in the next couple of days how that went.  We're not expecting any real problems.  It's been raining there, which is nice....so the plants in the garden and pots won't die while I'm gone!

Ok, at around 1300hrs....I couldn't stand it anymore!  It's difficult for me to just sit around, though I did try!  The vacuum cleaner was calling me....so I took it out and cleaned up the house. Now the sun is shining, so I'll finish planting flowers...Andrew had put some in a few weeks ago and I'm going to plant the flowers we bought the other day at the nursery. What a beautiful day!!!







We plan on putting in sod in the yard. It's so small we could cut it with a weed trimmer......Hopefully we can do that this coming weekend.  Right now there are just a few sprigs of grass there. I pulled most of the weeds in that area today.

There are no screens on any windows or doors here. We brought some screening material over from the States and will have to figure out how to attach it so we don't put holes in the window framing.  I had the garden doors open earlier and now there is a fly inside buzzing around driving me crazy!

Time to start making dinner.....I will be making potato leek soup, some zucchini with onions and tomatoes and some gepaneerde schnitzel mager rundvleesproduct (breaded lean beef cutlet)!


No comments:

Post a Comment