Friday, April 13, 2012

Walk in the woods!

Both yesterday and today Sammy and I went for a walk in the woods. It's about 1/2 mile away. It's so nice that it's close by!






Sammy loves it! He can be off leash in the park...and play with the other dogs. He likes to say "hi" to everyone that goes by. On the way to the park yesterday the children were outside on recess from the school we walk by. Several of them approached me and asked if they could pet Sammy (in Dutch...) and asked his name. He reveled in all the attention!

Our cable t.v. has been out for 2 days. I went to their office downtown and asked them about it two days ago. At that time they said there was a problem in Haarlem and parts of Amsterdam, so we let it go. It still wasn't working this morning, so I went back to their office. They gave me a customer service number to call. When I called there was a phone tree (of course!) all in "Nederlands" (Dutch). With my rudimentary knowledge of the language I was able to get through that to a live person who, thankfully, spoke English!  He walked me through many steps to reset the box, to no avail.  Sooooo, now they have to send a technician out to fix it.

Andrew has been working on collecting out belongings that we shipped over. There is a lot of paperwork involved in bringing things into the country. He has finally gotten through it all and we can pick everything up (in Rotterdam) on Monday. So, he will take 1/2 day off so we can drive down there. There is also a fee for bringing the items in.....we have to pay a tax on the estimated value! If I had known that I would've estimated the value as far less. It's going to cost about 400 EURO to pick up our belongings. Needless to say we will not be shipping the items back to the States when we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment