Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Georgia......Sweet Georgia!

Monday, May 28th I finished moving everything in to the Board and Care for Tullio.  I hope he will be comfortable there. Around 1400hrs Monday, I was able to meet with the Chief of the San Jose Fire Department, William McDonald. What a nice, kind man. He and I talked for over a half hour. He had wanted to meet with me to thank me for my 33 years of service to the Fire Department and wish me well. What a special thing it was for him to take so much time out of his day to meet with me!

Yesterday morning I left CA for Georgia. I woke up around 0430 to head out.......it was soooo sooooo hard to leave Jackie, Allen, Dillon, Kevin and Amanda......and allllll my wonderful friends.  Be still my heart...this is so difficult!

I drove my rental car in and dropped it off at SJC, and caught the American Airlines flight to Chicago. From there I baaaarely made my connection flight to Atlanta where I rented a car and drove 2 hours to Christopher and Denise's house. When I drove up they were in the driveway waiting for me....Arianna showed me how she has learned how to ride her bicycle!!!

That evening we just "hung out" at the house with all the pets:





The next morning I put on my new sandals and we headed out to Lane Packing where we picked fresh strawberries and Arianna played on the playground!













That evening we went out for dinner at El Tapatio Restaurant where we had some delicious food, and sopapillas for dessert!



Tomorrow afternoon I will be leaving again to make my trek overseas. I will be flying back to Chicago, then to Copenhagen, then finally to Schiphol. It was the least expensive flight combination I could find at the time....

No comments:

Post a Comment