Saturday, May 26, 2012

Emotionally exhausting day....

Today I got up at 0630hrs.....went over to Tullio's apartment at the Atria Chateau Gardens to move all of his belongings out.
He really loved living there. The people that work there are very friendly, they serve good healthy food, and he had plenty of space in his studio apartment. His health has deteriorated to the point where they can't care for him there any longer.

Last night I had posted his dresser on Craigslist.com under "free stuff". I received a lot of replies. I've always made a point of starting with the 1st person to respond to my ad and going in order. The person I called came by at 1000hrs. There was a book on a shelf in Tullio's room that contained Argentina's National Poem "Martin Fierro"). The man who picked up the furniture mentioned that that was his last name also!  Soooooo, I gave him the book....he really seemed to like that!  There were quite a few items he ended up taking (Tullio's dresser, nightstand, small fridge, and his microwave). Tullio won't have room in the Board and Care home.....so it was nice to find a new home for his belongings.

Jackie came to his apartment in the early afternoon. We loaded up some of his things and brought them to her storage locker....we ended up making two trips. Then we brought some things back to her condo.

Later on, Jackie and Allen went back to the apartment and transported Tullio's desk, computer and some of his clothes to the board and care home while I took care of Dillon. I will have to make one more trip over there to get everything arranged and comfortable for him. He will be moving in on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment