Monday, May 21, 2012

The "Good-bye Process"


Andrew has a saying that he uses when he is describing me leaving a friend's house or a party....he calls it the "Good-bye Process".  He always gives me time to say good-bye to people when leaving...because I don't want to miss anyone one my way out!  Sooooooo, here I am leaving the country and wanting to say Good-bye or "till we meet again" to as many people as I can.  I'm trying so hard not to leave anyone out!  It's starting to get painful though.......

 Last night after work I went over the Dan and Michelle's. We went out for pizza at Amici's. While we were watching the lunar eclipse from the pizza place....that was pretty cool to see!  It was sooooo nice to spend time with them. I am going to miss them a lot, especially the girls...





Today after work I had several errands to run. First, I went up to Pleasanton Kaiser and picked up the orthotics for my shoes. Then I had an appointment at 1545hrs. with the dermatologist (have a rash on my arm now from the antibiotics I'm taking for the rash on my face!). After that I stopped at the bank to pick up some cash to pay back Ingrid. She had left a check for the alarm company representative when he went by a couple of days ago to fix the alarm.  I stopped by Ingrid's office to say "farewell" and give her a big hug!!!  What a wonderful woman!  Then I went to the Pleasanton Post Office to pick up last week's mail, and my last stop in Pleasanton was at the Starbuck's where I met Veronica for coffee!  I got my new favorite, a "light" mocha frappuccino! I sure will miss Veronica....she's been a very special person in my life as well as my children's lives!



It's getting very difficult now that I'm so close to leaving.
It's very surreal to think I only have a few more days to work...there are people that I have worked with for so many years that I may never see again after I leave.......that hurts my heart!  I'm so excited when I think about spending time in Europe, but going through this "Good-bye Process" is painful!

I got back to San Jose today around 1830hrs. Allen took Nick, Dillon and I out to dinner at TGI's for sushi. What a delicious, enjoyable meal!


Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to go to Minnesota, Washington or Texas before I leave the U.S. I'm hoping to come back in the fall to see my extended family.  I am going to be stopping in Georgia before I leave to see Christopher, Denise and Arianna.

No comments:

Post a Comment