Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My last days as a dispatcher....

Can it be?!?!?!  Is tomorrow reallllllllly my last day at work with San Jose Fire Department?!?!?  WOW-where did the last 33 1/2 years go!??!?!

Yesterday Sunny came up to work to visit with her baby girl Peyton!!!  What a cutie pie (Mom annnnnd baby...LOL!)

Sooooo....yesterday when I got to work the 911 phones were down. Luckily the techs were able to bring them back up before dayshift started!

Later in the day CAD crashed!!!  So, we used a white board, the one laptop that had a functioning status keeping program on it at FD02 and paper to write down 911 events.....we always make it work!  M&M's help too!!!!!  I suuuuuure am going to miss the people I work with...what a great team we make!












Today Tracy and Sally brought all kinds of goodies to eat!  Lots of cheese, crackers and fruit......they are sooooo sweet!

This afternoon Liz and Dale came by!!!!!!!!!!!  I was soooooo happy to see them!  Yesterday on my way "home" I was thinking about Liz and how I hadn't had the chance to give her a hug before leaving.......and then there they were!  God is good!

For the past couple of days I've been visiting Board and Care homes for Tullio.  We need to find him a new place to live because his condition is deteriorating. He is having difficulty swallowing and breathing, so he needs his food pureed and he will be sent home with home O2. We need to make sure they have a Hospice waiver so that if his condition gets worse we won't have to move him again...

The first one I looked at is in North San Jose off Berryessa. It's a small, newly remodeled home. There is an RN working there during the day.  It was a nice facility, but the people working there didn't seem very experienced with the home care environment.

The second one was off The Alameda. It's a larger facility, accommodating 30 patients. The owner/RN is very nice, very knowledgable and seems to run a nice place. The one problem that might not work for him there is that most of the patients there have Alzheimer's. Tullio is still "with it".....so that might make him depressed if there's no one to talk with....

The one I looked at after work today was in South San Jose, right off the freeway. They have six patients living there. The woman that runs it has been doing it for eight years. It sounds like she has experienced all kinds of issues and problems, and has no problem with "end of life" issues.

Sooooo, I have to make a decision tonight, so that we can start working on moving him this weekend. He will probably be released in the next few days.  In all of the facilities he would have to share a room.  He unfortunately didn't save much money....so I want to make sure he gets the best care for what he can afford. Tullio told me he'd like to be in a home environment rather than a large facility, so I'm trying to find somewhere safe, quiet, and comfortable....

Tonight I will be saying lots of prayers and hope that anyone reading this will pray with me.  Also, please pray for Jackie and Allen......

Time to hit the hay!  It's my "late day" tomorrow, I don't start till 0630 (instead of 0530)....get to sleep in!


No comments:

Post a Comment