Thursday, May 24, 2012

My "Heart Hotel"....

A woman I know......Janet Childs (who is the Director for Education at the Centre for Living With Dying).....has this story that she loves to tell. It's about a woman who would talk about the people she loved and how when they were no longer in her life for one reason or another they would always hold a special place in her "Heart Hotel".

Today, I thought of that story many times as I was saying "Farewell" to sooooo many people I've worked with over the years.

I worked as a Dispatcher for over 33 years.......they had a nice send off for me at work today. I sure worked with some wonderful wonderful people. It was a day full of tears of joy and sorrow...I will miss them all!




Today I made a decision to move Tullio to the facility in South San Jose. He will be very close to Kaiser San Jose there. The woman that runs it seems very caring and knowledgable. It just "feels right"....I pray that I'm choosing the right place for him.

Tomorrow I will call moving companies and get his things moved over to his new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment