Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Up before the birds!

For the past few nights I was petsitting in Danville. In order to get to work on time, I had to get up at 0300hrs. Normally I'm up at 0330hrs-which is still before the birds are up!



Yesterday after work I went to the house to meet the PGE technician. He met me there at 1530hrs to turn the gas back on to the house.  His nightshift cohort also came by before he was even scheduled to be on duty.  They cleaned up my furnace, lit the water heater pilot light and made sure everything was on, running and safe.  What nice guys!

Right after work today I went over the Valley Medical Center to visit Tullio. Jackie had called me last night and said he was taken to the hospital again with difficulty breathing.  They have been doing a lot of construction around VMC, so I had trouble at first figuring out where to park, till I saw that the new parking garage was open!  I parked the car and started walking into the main hospital...when who do I see coming down the hall?!?!? Tullio, on a gurney, being transported by Rural Metro over the Kaiser Fremont. They were transferring him.....again.......He is stable, but tired and having trouble breathing when he walks. They believe he has pneumonia again.

Tonight I will be spent the night at the house doing laundry and packing it up. The sale is supposed to close on the 15th, but we are still waiting for word on their loan. If it doesn't go through, I will have to replace carpets, do some painting and put lawn sprinklers in before I can leave the country. I need to remember to say my prayers!

As I was getting ready to go to bed I noticed the light on the alarm panel blinking.  So I checked around and found a wire broken on one of the connections....so I have to call the alarm company tomorrow and have them come out and fix that.

It's a very surreal feeling knowing that some of the people I've been seeing lately I may never see again......depending on what we do when we come back to the States.......It's starting to make me very sad......

It's 2200hrs now....I was asleep for about 30mins., woke up and now I can't sleep again. There is so much noise in my head...so much to think about!

Kevin is coming home sooooooooon....can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment