Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Today as I was driving through Dublin, CA the streets were blocked off and there were people everywhere! There is a festival in the City of Dublin every year to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!  




Today would have been my first husband, Roland's, birthday...he would've been 57 years old today. He will always hold a special place in my heart......he died at the age of 30, when our children Jackie and Christopher were just 2 yrs. old and 3 months old.

Today I started clearing out the kitchen cabinets. I've taken all the food items out and separated them. One pile to bring to work to share with my coworkers. Some of the girls are quite the cooks and would like to take some of my spices. Another pile is to bring to church to donate and the third pile is to bring to the Blue Star Moms storage locker to donate to the troops.

Two Realtors came to look at the house today with their clients.  Four or five days ago a couple came through and said they were putting an offer on the house, but we never heard anything back from them.  This week I have a painter coming in to give me an estimate to paint the family room a lighter color. People have trouble picturing it the way they want it...I'm hoping it'll help!  The house has been on the market five weeks now. Anytime I've sold in the past the houses were gone within a few days at most. This market is challenging to say the least!

Yesterday Linda had some of us "girls" over for breakfast. Janet, Eileen, Nan, Barbara, Linda, and I had a wonderful breakfast prepared by Linda!  Nan also brought a yummy quiche!  As we were talking we realized that most of us at the table would be leaving the area in the next few years.  Janet and Roland just bought a house in Colorado and will be putting her house on the market soon; Barbara and Bill will be staying till her husband retires, then will probably move somewhere out of state; Nan and Mike are looking at Idaho; Linda and Dave are going to Montana to look for a place in a couple of months. Eileen and Tommy have also considered moving out of the area, depending on where their kids land and the health of their Moms. It's difficult to make a go of it in CA, especially with the economy the way it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment