Sunday, March 18, 2012

Reuben sandwiches for lunch!

Soooooo, yesterday I had the crockpot going with corned beef. I put 3-4 bottles of beer in the crockpot with the corned beef and some pickling spices and simmered it all day. Oh my, it's yummy!  Today, I brought the corned beef, some dark rye bread, butter, swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing to work and we made Reuben sandwiches for lunch (we started cooking at 0945hrs, since my lunch is at 1015!).  Oh myyyyy....it's good!!!





I took a picture of one of our work stations here at work......Weird to think I'll only be here a couple more months......
When I got to work today I heard about a fire that occurred a couple of days ago where one of our Fire Engineers was severely injured when he fell through the roof of the burning structure. He is lucky to be alive.....
When the City of San Jose Mayor and City Council talk about taking away our benefits it makes me so angry. Firefighters and Police Officers put their lives on the line to take care of the citizens....and the 911 dispatchers take the citizens calls for help and send the help....and they want to take away the benefits promised to us over the past 22 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment