Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ah Ha!

The other day I was shopping at the Albert Heijn grocery store and listening to the advertisement going out over the P.A. system throughout the store. I kept hearing "Ah Ha" "Ah Ha".......then, it came to me...They were referring to the initials of the store "A.H."!  Ah Ha! I got it!



About once a week I bring a bag of recyclables down the street to put into the correct containers. There are containers for paper, plastics and glass (white and colored glass). It's all quite convenient and clean.


___________________________

The other day I sent a message to a friend (thanks Sally!!!!) who bakes a lot asking for a recipe for apple pie. That is what I agreed to bring for Thanksgiving dinner. We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with our neighbors and some friends on Saturday, November 24th.

Since I'd never made apple pie before, I thought I'd better make a practice run.  Since I was at it, I decided to make a quiche too!  Dinner and dessert in one swoop!



Yummmmmmy!


Today I met my new friend Louise for tea!  We met at the A.J. van der Pigge


where we had thought we'd go in and buy some tea since the shop she realllllly wanted to wasn't answering their phone. She had walked by Kale Jonker though and saw they were open, so we headed that way on foot.


We each bought some loose tea, then headed out to find a place to sit for a cup of tea!

We found a nice little cafe a few blocks away and sat and had some mint tea. It was so nice to share some tea with Louise!

No comments:

Post a Comment